Definition of rights - Common chapters
|Common chapters - System administration|
By choosing the local menu option "Definition of rights" in the list "Options", "System configuration/administration" you assign the selected user access rights within the "Helios Orange" system. After you confirm the option, a window for defining the rights is displayed.
If you have set two-status entry of rights, the following query will be displayed first:
What rights do you want to see:
YES - editable rights in the preparatory phase
NO - currently set rights (only viewing)
After you confirm with the "Yes" button, the window for defining rights will be displayed, after you confirm the "No" button, the user´s rights for viewing will be displayed.
If a role is assigned to the selected user, it is not possible to define the rights, the rights must be defined for individual roles. You will be notified:
It is not possible to define the rights - a role is assigned to the user.
After you confirm with the "OK" button, the user´s rights for viewing will be displayed.
Users - Definition of rights
Modules and lists
A tree structure of all modules and lists is displayed on the left-hand side. Each module and list has a check box which you use to define the access of the user to the selected section of the "Helios Orange" system. The rights need to be edited for each module and list separately. Within the lists you can moreover define the rights for the respective action in the selected list.
- Check box is ticked off – the user has full rights in the respective module or list
- Check box is not ticked off – the user has no rights in the respective module or list
- Check box is ticked off and greyish – some rights of the user are limited within the module or list
Actions in the list
On the right-hand side is a list of actions which can be performed in the lists. Each action has a check box which you use to permit or ban the respective action. The definition needs to be done for each list separately. A detailed list of actions is in the chapter Local menu.
- New – creating a new record in the list
- Correction – correcting a made record
- Deletion – deleting a record from the list
- Form print – print of records by means of a defined form
- Set – setting the display, sorting and filtering in the list
- Reports – using saved filters and views
- MS Office - right to use the MS Office options from the local menu
- Pivot tables - using pivot tables
- Graphs - using graphs
- Master x Detail - using Master x detail of views
The listed actions are general and apply to all lists. In some lists you can edit the rights for some other actions, based on the nature of the given list. It is actions of the following type:
- Implementation – implementation of documents (e.g. list of stock level increase or decrease...)
- Posting – posting of documents (e.g. list of invoices, cash office documents…)
- Account balance update – update of turnovers and account balances (code list of accounts)
and other actions which are permitted in the local menu of specific lists.
Ban all rights
You can use this button to cancel the entire access rights to all modules and lists at one time.
Permit all rights
You can use this button to assign the entire rights to all modules and lists at one time.
You can use this button to cancel the rights to the Action in the list in bulk in all lists. It only means that the options Local menu New, Correction, Deletion, Form print, Set, Reports and some selected specific actions by a specific list are banned (e.g. Multiple changes in the Journal, Implementation in the Goods Documents, Retirement in the Asset cards, etc.). Other Local menu options will be permitted in the list.
Rights to columns
You can set rights for a user to specific data in the payroll module. It is these items:
- Employees - Birth ID number
- Employees - Date of birth
- Payroll date - Basic wage
- Payroll date - Reduced basic wage
- Payroll date - Average for holiday
- Payroll date - Daily assessment base
Attributes to which the right is not set are not visible in the editor of Employees (or editor of Payroll data) and they cannot even be displayed by the user with the Set tool.
Definition of rights Payroll
After this menu is confirmed, the screen for entering the access of the selected user to the Payroll module opens. Here you can restrict what data the user can view and process after the "Payroll" module is launched.
Pay-out centre From - To
You enter the range of pay-out centres which the user can view and process.
Payroll department From - To
You enter the range of payroll departments which the user can view and process.
You enter the name of the payroll clerk by whom the payroll data (wage cards) will be selected.
You enter the name of the supervisor by whom the payroll data (wage cards) will be selected.
All of these data are entered in the employee card in the Payroll module, the method of filling-in is not binding, which means that you need not enter the name into the Supervisor field but some other distinction. see Payroll data form.
This local menu option enables to transfer the created rights of one user to another user or several users. Go to the user whose rights you want to copy and confirm by pressing the "Rights copy" button. The list of users opens again where you gradually select (by using the mouse button and the key <Ctrl>) the required records and confirm the selection with <Ctrl>+<Enter>.
Downloading the new version from the Web
You can permit or prohibit individual users to download a new version from the web. This right is only saved in the zero database and all databases respect this setting. This right is automatically permitted for the user who created the zero database. This right is by default prohibited for all other users including the new users.
The local menu option makes it possible to enter a new password for your login name or change your current password. After the option is confirmed, the dialogue box "Password change" shows up.
- Original password – you first need to fill in your original password to be able to change it. If the user had no password up to now, it need not be filled in.
- New password – entering the new password. The entered characters are for security reasons displayed as " * ".
- New password confirmation – the new password needs to be confirmed once again in case it were entered incorrectly (typing error, etc.). Enter the password again into this field. If the new password and the password confirmation do not match, the system does not save it and displays a message. In that case the password entry needs to be repeated.
The new and confirmed password do not match. The password was not changed!
Display of rights
This menu includes two sub-menus:
- MS EXCEL
MS EXCEL - enables to export rights into Excel. You first select which rights are to be exported, if all, only banned or only permitted rights.
List...- enables to display the list (copy) of rights for a selected user (for all selected users). In this list you can set the rights for actions individually or change the rights to actions in bulk.
Rights mode change
After this option is confirmed, a screen with two check boxes opens.
- The rights to all actions are prohibited by default - if this option is ticked off, the new user has no rights and the rights need to be defined for the user, after the update nobody has rights for the newly added list - the rights for this list need to be defined again.
- Two-status entry of rights - this option will only be accessible if the option The rights to all actions are prohibited by default is ticked off. After this option is ticked off, it is possible to define the rights in the preparatory phase and to transfer them to the user´s rights by using the option Transfer of rights from preparatory phase.
Transfer of rights from preparatory phase
This action is in the local menu option only if the Two-status entry of rights is ticked off. After it is confirmed, the rights will be transferred to individual users as they were pre-defined in the preparatory phase.
If you have several databases installed in the Helios Orange system used by the users, the set rights can be copied from one database into others. On the user/s you choose Copying from the local menu, refresh target data. The settings of local constants will be copied along with the rights for the given user. It is not possible to copy the user´s rights with a role, but it is possible to copy the roles. In the two-status entry of rights mode the rights cannot be copied at all. The rights can be copied if the same rights mode is set in both the databases.
Add to database
All newly entered user names are automatically created on the SQL server as well. However, the access to individual databases (firms) needs to be defined separately. You use this option to assign the selected user to the currently open firm. The inclusion to the database needs to be performed individually in all firms and for each user.
Delete from database
You use the local menu option to cancel the access to individual firms. The user deleted from the database remains on the SQL Server and only has access to the database.
Delete from SQL Server
This option definitively deletes the user from the Helios Orange system as well as the SQL Server. This step must follow the deletion of the user from all databases. The system does not allow do delete a user from the SQL Server if the user is entered in some database.